Jess is an Associate at Slateford. She read Jurisprudence at the University of Oxford, graduating in 2018. Before she joined us she worked in the City of London in research and information for private equity firms.
Jess brings an understanding of the operation of research desks to our analysis of the ways in which issues impact corporate reputation. She takes a particular interest in the development of laws to match societal trends around environmental, social and governance (ESG) issues in business.
She has assisted worked across a variety of matters, including;
- Regularly assisting with pre and post publication correspondence for high profile figures and companies.
- Seeking emergency out of hours Court orders for clients to avoid breaches of confidence.
- Assisted in matters that concern the criminal courts; ensuring that clients who have been the victims of crime maintain their reputational rights throughout the process.
- Mixing research skills with tactical litigation in using disclosure orders to identify an anonymous party behind a dirty tricks campaign.
- Removing unlawful content from search engines and social media sites.
- Aiding organisations in dealing with GDPR issues, including complaints to the ICO.